Saturday, January 4, 2014

Creamy Italian Salad Dressing -- Non-Dairy



Pictured is my recipe for IC taco salad


This is a fairly sweet Italian type salad dressing.  Every time I make it, I do it a bit differently.  It works well as a dressing for sweet salads with apples and pears in them.



Creamy Italian Salad Dressing

In a blender container combine and blend until mixed:

2 packets Truvia-type sweetener
1 egg
1 teaspoon garlic granules
1 1/2 teaspoons Adobo seasoning without pepper (available in the ethnic foods section of many grocers)
1 teaspoon thyme flakes
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
(1 teaspoon dill weed would be good I think!)
1 cup pear juice (available in the infants section of most grocers)

Add in a small stream through the top of the blender while blending:

2 cups olive oil (I prefer the lighter in flavor type)

Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment