Thursday, April 17, 2014

Golden Flax Chicken Strips -- Baked and Gluten Free


Golden Flax Chicken Strips -- Baked and Gluten Free




So I have this basic breading recipe that I use for pretty much everything.  I had 1/2 cup of it leftover and had a package of chicken strips.  I thought, "I can make this breading healthier and probably not change the taste much by adding flax to it!"  ...and that's what I did.

Golden Flax Chicken Strips -- Baked and Gluten Free
Makes about 3 servings

Pre-heat the oven to 400F.  Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray, or use parchment paper for even easier clean up.

Place 3/4 pound of chicken strips (tenders) on a plate and season them with sea salt, as desired.

Pour about 1/4 cup olive oil into a small dish.

Combine in another dish:

1 cup Utz Potato Sticks (available at Wal-Mart) ground to 1/2 cup
1/4 teaspoon thyme flakes
1/2 tablespoon potato flour
1/2 cup ground flax seed 

First dip the chicken pieces into the olive oil then into the breading mix.  Place the coated pieces onto the baking sheet, so they don't touch.

Bake the chicken strips at 400F for about 12 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.

I dipped mine in Dilly Ranch with radishes on the side.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment