Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Delicious Gluten Free Carob No Bakes!


Delicious Gluten Free Carob No Bakes!


This recipe came about because I was wanting something sweet and easy. I've been having this recipe rumble around in my brain for a couple of weeks now.  Finally, I had the time to make it.  

It is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free, peanut free, and I think it is delicious!  It does use Utz Potato Sticks, but those could be substituted with more nuts or coconut flakes.  I put them in there for the crunch factor!



Delicious Gluten Free Carob No Bakes!

In a medium sized sauce pan, combine, and bring to a boil:

1/3 cup agave nectar*
1/3 cup coconut sugar

*To keep sticky things like agave nectar from making a huge mess with measuring cups, first spray them with a little cooking oil spray.  They'll come right out.

Remove the pot from the heat, and stir in all at once:

1/3 cup raw almond butter
1/4 cup unsweetened carob chips


Add the following ingredients and mix them thoroughly.  At first I didn't think there would be enough sauce, but I kept mixing and it covered all of the dry ingredients completely:

1 cup Utz Potato Sticks
1/2 cup coconut chips (or shredded coconut), unsweetened
1/2 cup slivered almonds

Scoop by about 2 tablespoons full onto either waxed paper or parchment.  I used my normal 1/4 cup scoop and just filled it half-way.

Store them covered with waxed paper or parchment between the layers.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment