Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Dilly Garlic Butter -- Non-Dairy and soy free


Dilly Garlic Butter


Re-learning how to cook once I went off of "everything" has been a challenge. Of course, I haven't gone off of everything, but sometimes it sure feels like it. For instance, I can't find any sort of commercially prepared butter-type spread that doesn't have something in it to which I'm sensitive.  So here's when ingenuity comes in!  Normally, for flavoring cooked vegetables, I just pour on some olive oil and season them with Adobo.  However, I was eating artichokes the other day and needed something to dip them in, so I made this up.

Non-dairy, soy free, Dilly Garlic Butter
Makes about 1/2 cup


In a small saucepan, combine

1/3 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (I use the pure or light tasting variety)
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
Pinch turmeric (for color)

Mix the ingredients together and heat them over medium-low heat until they are melted.  Serve with fish or veggies.

The "butter" can be used chilled as well.  If a spreading consistency is desired, double the olive oil in the recipe.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment