Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Gluten and Dairy Free Pizza Recipe

Gluten and Dairy Free Pizza Recipe



Yes, I did!

This recipe took care of my pizza craving.  I hope it helps others, as well.  The crust could be used as a basis for any sort of "biscuit" type crust.

Gluten and Dairy Free Pizza Recipe
Makes 4 servings

Pre-heat the oven to 375F.


In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine

1 1/2 cups almond flour
3/4 cup besan (chickpea, lentil, garbanzo bean) flour
3/4 cup potato flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon gluten free baking powder 

Add and mix until crumbly

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 egg

Add and mix until dough just cleans the bowl

3/4 cup almond milk (I used the whey from the cheesemaking process)

Spray a 9" pan with olive oil spray.  I used my cast iron frying pan.  Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides.  Prick the dough with a fork and bake it for about 6 to 9 minutes, or until it is just firm and no longer sticky to the touch.

At this point, the crust can be used for whatever purpose is desired that is appropriate.

To make the finished pizza as pictured above, I put in some of the Cheese-flavored Non-dairy Cheese Spread and spread it with the back of a spoon over the crust.  After that, I put cooked pork sausage (uncured without chemicals), shrimp, broccoli and mushrooms over the cheese.  I sprinkled it with Italian seasonings, sprayed it with olive oil spray and garnished it with some more "cheese."  My original intention had been to make a calzone, but I should have used a smaller pan.  I still think this basic recipe would work for a calzone.

Baked at 375 for about 9 to 11 minutes, this is what it looked like.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment