Friday, February 14, 2014

Gluten and Grain Free Egg Rolls, really? You betcha!!



Gluten and Grain Free Egg Rolls

Using my noodle recipe, I created a gluten and grain free egg roll (aka spring roll.)  The texture wasn't exactly like regular egg rolls, but it was close enough to make me happy!  All I did was use some leftover stir fry and put it into the flattened noodle dough, then I fried it.  Easy peasy :)

This is my "formal" recipe for egg roll filling, (regular recipe, not gluten free, but the filling should be fine for most folks.)  This should give a starting point for someone who is in need of the wrapper.

Make the noodles to the point of having the flattened dough between the layers of parchment paper from either this noodle recipe or this recipe.





Cut the noodle dough into a 6" square.*  Place the desired filling onto the pasta square at an angle.  (I used leftover stir fry I'd made the day before.)  Using the parchment paper, fold the ends up over the filling, then roll it over so it is closed.







Heat about 3/4" oil, (I use peanut or coconut oil), in a frying pan over medium heat.  Very carefully add the egg roll to the oil.  Cook it until it is golden brown and heated through. 







Enjoy!


*Reserve the excess pieces of dough to make into "tortilla chips" by simply re-flattening the dough, cutting them into triangles and frying them until they are crisp.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment