Friday, February 14, 2014

Avocado Salad Dressing -- IC diet safe



Avocado Salad Dressing -- IC diet safe

There is a recipe floating around Facebook for an avocado salad dressing that looks really good.  However, most of the ingredients are on the "no" list for interstitial cystitis!  I had an avocado at home yesterday, so I decided to make my own version of it.  I think it turned out very well.  My daughter said it tastes like a cross between Ranch dressing and guacamole.

  

Non-Acidic Avocado Salad Dressing

In a blender container, place

1 egg
1 tablespoon pear juice
2 teaspoons Adobo seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dill weed

Remove the center from the cover of the blender, place it on the blender, and begin blending.  

Pour slowly, in a small stream

1/2 cup olive oil

Stop the blender and add 

1 whole avocado, peeled and cut up into chunks
3 tablespoons water.

Store with the pit in the dressing to keep it from turning dark.  Use within a week as a dressing or dip.  Add more water if a thinner dressing is desired.




2 comments:

  1. I have made this a couple of times (minus the dill weed), and it's really good!. I put over my "Kitchen sink" quinoa salad, and it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond to you. Unfortunately, i was terribly ill for a considerable amount of time. I'm really glad that you are enjoying this recipe :]

    ReplyDelete