Friday, February 14, 2014

Homemade Noodles Gluten and Grain Free (Take 2)



Homemade Noodles Gluten and Grain Free (Take 2)

I had some pork roast and gravy that I'd made, and I was serving it over pasta for my family.  I made myself some noodles, and I didn't feel left out at all.  These are easy and delicious!


Homemade Noodles Gluten and Grain Free (Take 2)
Makes 1-2 servings


Place into the bowl of a food processor and process until combined:  

1 cup besan flour (chickpea, garbanzo, gram)
1 egg
2 tablespoons warm water
1/16 teaspoon salt (a "pinch")








Place a sheet of parchment paper about 10"x12" onto a work surface.  Spray it with olive oil cooking spray.  Form the dough into a ball and spray it with the cooking oil spray, and place it onto the parchment paper.  Spray another sheet of parchment paper about 10"x12" and place it over the top of the dough.  Flatten the dough between the parchment sheets with your hands or a rolling pin into about a 10" rectangle.  Remove the top parchment sheet and set it aside.




For noodles, spray a knife with cooking oil spray and cut the noodles into the desired shape.




Drop the noodles into boiling water and cook them until they are firm, about 2 minutes.  Drain them and serve as desired.  



I had mine with pork roast and gravy.  Yum!






No comments:

Post a Comment