Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Shake It and Bake It Breading Recipe -- gluten and grain free!



Shake It and Bake It Breading Recipe


This is a simple take on the commercial "Shake N Bake" coating mix.  My family loves this!

I use Utz brand Potato Sticks -- it's the only "chip" type thing I can use.  I know it's not the healthiest in the world, but it's what I have access to...

In a food processor, grind:

2 cups Utz Potato Sticks
2 tablespoons potato flour
1 teaspoon thyme flakes

Pre-heat the oven to 400F.  Season the desired meat (chicken, pork, fish) with sea salt and Adobo seasoning if desired.  Spray the tops with cooking oil spray.  Shake the pieces in a bowl with the coating mix.



Place them onto a baking sheet coated with cooking oil spray.  Bake the meat until it is done, 10 to 20 minutes depending on thickness.  The tops should be golden brown and the meat firm to the touch.





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment